How to Make a Pom-Pom
1. Cut cardboard circles the diameter of the pom-pom, with a small hole in the middle.
2. Holding the two circles together, wrap the yarn around the outer ring, making two layers of yarn. To use a larger ball of yarn, cut a slit from the outer ring to the center hole, and thread the yarn through the slit.
3. When the circles are entirely covered, cut the yarn between them all the way around the outer edge.
4. Holding the two circles together, wrap a long strand of yarn between them, pull tight, and tie a knot.
5. Remove the cardboard circles and trim off any excess yarn, keeping two long ties to attach the pom-pom to your project.