Ballerina’s Tutu by Regina Rioux
Watch budding dancers glide across the tight rope in this sparkly tutu.
RED HEART Stardust, 1.76oz/50g balls, each approx 191yd/175m (wool/nylon/metallic)
- 2 balls #1701 Andromeda Pink (A)
- 1 ball #1530 Purple (B)
- Size I/9 (5.5mm) crochet hook (for waistband)
- Size E/4 (3.5mm) crochet hook (for appliqués)
- 3 yds/2.75m pink tulle—72"/183cm wide
- Sewing machine or sewing needle
- Sewing thread
- 2 stitch markers
- 5 yds/4.5m of soft pink sport weight yarn (for ribbon ties on ballet slipper appliqués), designer used RED HEART Sport in #724 Baby Pink.
- Yarn needle
Tutu waistband measures approx 3.5/9cm wide x 21 (21.5, 22.5)"/53.5 (54.5, 57)cm long, before folding. Each ballet slipper appliqué measures approx 2 x 4"/5 x 10cm.
NOTE ABOUT PATTERNS
This is a pattern preview only. It is provided so that readers can see the photos and check that they have the necessary supplies. The pattern for this project appears in our July/August 2011 issue, available in hard copy only. To get just the issue with the pattern, call 800-865-7240 for the individual issue. Don't miss any of our patterns in the future: SUBSCRIBE NOW.
To find this pattern, purchase the July/August 2011 issue. If you have specific questions about this pattern, please email the editorial staff.
Crochet Today! is now available in digital format: Apple iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, Google Play, and Zinio.
Don't miss any of our patterns in the future: SUBSCRIBE NOW. International subscribers can SUBSCRIBE HERE.