Top 5 Autumn Travel Destinations for Yarn Lovers
By Kathryn Vercillo of Crochet Concupiscence
Ready to enjoy an autumn getaway? From Cardiff to Charlotte, we’ve got suggestions to make your fall a crochet-rich experience.
1. Cardiff, Wales. Start your trip with a visit to the National Wool Museum. Take a crochet class at Calon Yarns. And meet local crafters through the Creative-Crafts-Cardiff weekly meetup, a group that crafts for local charities for Christmas.
2. Geelong, Australia. There’s another National Wool Museum in Australia. Geelong is a port city in Victoria, a short drive from Melbourne. Locals meet at the Geelong West Neighbourhood House, which has classes as well as a hyperbolic crochet coral reef project.
3. Charlotte, NC, USA. Get inspired by the colors of Charlotte’s beautiful changing autumn leaves. Plan an early October trip and attend the CGOA’s fall Knit and Crochet Show conference. Or connect with locals through the Charlotte Crocheters weekly meetup.
4. The ABC Islands. International Business Times recommends Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao as top autumn island destinations in South America that offer warm beaches without hurricanes or tropical storms. Why not crochet on the beach this fall?
5. Home. Autumn is the perfect season to take a staycation. Save some money while enjoying a getaway in your own hometown. Make sure to add lots of relaxing crochet to your itinerary!
*Charlotte & Aruba photos courtesy of BlatantWorld.com